A service provided by Strategic Corporate Assessment Inc. is the provision of a trained facilitator on site. He or she will apply the Strategic Spares Optimization System application software (SOS™) and sit down with the various interest groups necessary, take them through the process and generate business outcomes for a fixed daily fee.
- All clients using SOS™ save money (as of 2020 the average is 22.7%) and achieve this while OPTIMIZING their spares holdings, not just focusing on reductions. A typical outcome from SOS™ assessment is a recommended decrease of 75% in spares which need their max/min status altered and an increase of 25% in holdings where it is demonstrated by SOS™ that there is exposure to business risk through not holding sufficient spares.
- This facilitation service is made available in response to extensive demand and because organizations want a dedicated resource to generate speedy results.
- While it is ultimately justifiable to purchase SOS™ outright, or at least rent it, many plants have neither the time nor the resources to do a comprehensive spares assessment. At the same time they are under constant pressure to reduce spares levels!
- One or two days assessment time is often sufficient to provide immediate and significant results, results which inspire further confidence in the SOS™ methodology.
- You may be considering whether or not to continue holding, or to acquire certain spares which:
- You are about to purchase, and need to fully justify or otherwise.
- You can possibly sell that you don't need.
- You are tired of tripping over in your warehouse.
- You are building a new plant or extension.
- You are buying a plant and want to know the M&A implications of the inventory.
- Our personnel can assist on a short term basis (one or two days) or under a longer term by arrangement. For one site or many, anywhere